Earn Your Security Guard or Private Investigator License fast and painlessly with SecurGARD.
Created by industry experts, these comprehensive courses teach you the skills required to take the necessary steps toward a rewarding and high demand career.
SecurGARD online courses offers complete, easy to understand training in areas such as:
- Loss Prevention
- Trespass Laws
- Powers of Arrest and Arrest Procedures
- and Much More!
Learning with SecurGARD is EASY and AFFORDABLE.
- Introduction to the Security Industry
- The Private Security and Investigative Services Act and Ministry Code of Conduct
- Basic Security Procedures
- Report Writing
- Health and Safety
- Emergency Response Preparation
- Canadian Legal System
- Legal Authorities
- Effective Communication
- Sensitivity Training
- Use of Force Theory
- Emergency Level First Aid Certification* (Third party course. Not included in this course. See below.)
*Emergency Level First Aid Training must be delivered by:
- A St. John Ambulance Certified Instructor; or
- A Workplace Safety & Insurance Board of Ontario Approved First Aid Trainer.
Private Investigation Course Outline
- Mandatory 50 Hours
- Introduction to the Private Investigation Industry
- The Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005
- Provincial and Federal Statutes
- Criminal and Civil Law
- Investigative Techniques
- Principles of Ethical Reasoning/Decision-making
- Key Principles of Communication and Interaction
- Self-management Skills
First-Aid is NOT required for the Private Investigator License.